JRT Subsidy Guidelines
FY 2019 Jim Rouse Theatre Subsidy - GUIDELINES
|February 2018||Grant applications available online at hcac.gosmart.org|
|May 16, 2018||Deadline for applications. Applicants can submit up to 11:59 PM.|
|September 7, 2018||Earliest announcement of grant award or rejection|
|July 16, 2018||FY18 Final Report Due|
|July 15, 2019||FY19 Final Report Due|
HCAC established a Rental Subsidy Program in 1997 to assist local arts organizations in utilizing The Jim Rouse Theatre for the Performing Arts on the campus of Wilde Lake High School in Columbia.
Purpose of the Subsidy Program
- To foster excellence, diversity, and vitality in arts offerings for Howard County residents.
- To broaden arts opportunities for Howard County audiences, artists and arts organizations.
- To increase the availability of arts activities in Howard County.
Goals of the Subsidy Program
- To maximize use of The Jim Rouse Theatre by local arts organizations.
- To make The Jim Rouse Theatre affordable for arts activities sponsored by local arts organizations.
Qualifications of Applicants
- Organization must be incorporated as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, 501(c)3.
- Applicant must be an arts organization based in Howard County. Applicant organization must maintain their primary office and present at least 50% of their arts programs in Howard County.
- Organization must be soundly managed and financially accountable, and provide proof thereof.
- Activities of applicant organization must be open to the general public, whether free or fee based.
- Reasonable accommodations must be made for people with disabilities upon appropriate notification of need.
- Note: No capital funds may be included in the budget. HCAC does not fund travel, budget deficits, capital expenditures, purchases of permanent equipment, or projects whose primary function is not artistic, such as fundraising events.
- The deadline for submission is May 16, 2018 at 11:59PM.
- Late or incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicants may be asked to clarify or revise application.
- All required attachments and supplemental information must be included.
- Please direct all questions regarding preparation of these forms to HCAC at 410-313-2787.
If your organization is not applying for a FY 2019 CAD Operating or Project grant, but would like to apply for the JRT Subsidy, please contact HCAC at 410-313-2787 for further instructions.